My name is Tomasz Bednarz - welcome to my Personal Website. I have backround in applied computer science, physics, visualisation, computer graphics, HCI, simulation, modelling, CFD, games development, AI, computational platforms. I am passionate about technology, digital innovation, conscious change leadership, growth mindset, business management and development, future science and technology. I am also a demoscener, long term #SIGGRAPH volunteer, author of 100+ research publications, events organiser and artist-scientist.
Collaborative Conference on Computational and Data Intensive Science (C3DIS) will take place on 5-9 July, 2021, and will be delivered fully online.
New journal paper is published: G F Clark, J Gacutan, R Lawther, E L Johnston. H Tait, T Bednarz (2021). A visualization tool for citizen-science marine debris big data. Water International. Download DOI.
Invited to be part of Panel Real-Time @ SIGGRAPH 2021 at very amazing RTC2021 RealTime Conference.
Our OzCHI’20 paper: Creating 3D worlds through storytelling and narration.
WAITRO People’s Choice Award: Low cost desalination device to supply potable water for remote areas - include Digital Twin. Team: Prof David Waite, Prof John Fletcher, A/Prof Tomasz Bednarz, Dr Yuan Wang, Dr Lloyd Lian.
KEYNOTE: Responsible Technology through Visual Analytics and Computational Angles, 24th International Conference Information Visualization, 7-11 September 2020, Melbourne AU / Vienna EU.
Officially passed exam: Unity Certified Associate: Game Developer.
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Virtual
- eXplainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI): An introduction to the XAI landscape with practical examples. Course.
- Digital Twin of the Australian Square Kilometre Array (ASKAP). Poster.
- SIGGRAPH Asia for Beginners. BoF.
- Overview of the Siggraph Immersive and Interactive Experiences Committee. BoF.
- Extended Reality and Education (ED-XR 2020 meeting). BoF.
- Event 6th Australia-Spain Research Forum BIG DATA SRAP-IEAP
- DARK EDEN 6-8 November 2020
- Realtime Utopias: Demoscene, creativity driven by limitations.
- “In that Tyrant’s pow’r”: Artbots and collisions with social crisis.
- SIGGRAPH 2020, August 2020:
- Through Digital Innovation Angle in Australasia. BoF.
- Immersive and Interactive Experiences. BoF.
- Double Vision: Digital Twin applications within Extended Reality. Appy Hour.
ARC Linkage project with Opera Australia on the topic Transforming rehearsal design using an interactive spatial aesthetic. Total funding $562k.
Our EPICentre’s Multi-Modal High-End Visualisation System (HEVS) is officially released !!!
Invited Talk: Expanded Perception and Interaction for Measurement Science. APMP 2019 Symposium at the 35th Asia Pacific Metrology Programme General Assembly and Related Meetings. 4 December 2019, Sydney Australia.
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2019, 17-20 November 2019, Brisbane, Australia
- SoS. Art Gallery.
- Non-Euclidean Embeddings for Graph Analytics and Visualisation. Poster.
- SIGGRAPH Asia for Beginners. IRC Panel.
- ACM SIGGRAPH VRCAI 2019, 14-16 November 2019, Brisbane, Australia.
- ED-XR 2019 Workshop: Hand-on Introduction to VR.
- Immersive Analytics using Augmented Reality for Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations.
- A Data-Driven Optimisation Approach to Urban Multi-Site Selection for Public Services and Retails.
- Integrating Mixed Reality and Internet of Things as an Assistive Technology for Elderly People Living in a Smart Home.
- HoloCity - Exploring the use of augmented reality cityscapes for collaborative understanding of high-volume urban sensor data.
- Containerisation as a method for supporting multiple VR visualisation platforms from a single data source.
- Multi-Modal High-End Visualization System.
KEYNOTE: 25th ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality and Technology (VRST) 2019, 12-15 November 2019, Sydney, Australia.
- KEYNOTE: The 16th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGiV 2019), 16-19 July 2019, Adelaide.
About me TB
Director, Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre (EPICentre)
UNSW Arts, Design and Architecture
UNSW Computer Science and Engineering
Team Leader, Visual Analytics
Leader, Simulation and Modelling CCC
Adjunct Associate Professor
University of South Australia, School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences, Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments