Welcome to my Personal Website. I have background in applied computer science, physics, visualisation, computational imaging, computer graphics, HCI, simulation, modelling, CFD, games development, AI, computational platforms. I am passionate about technology, digital innovation, conscious change leadership, growth mindset, business management and development, future science and technology. I am also a demoscener, long term #SIGGRAPH volunteer, author of 100+ research publications, events organiser and artist-scientist.
Between 2022 and 2024 in role of SIGGRAPH Asia Conference Advisory Group (SACAG) Chair. Contributing to the future of SIGGRAPH Asia conferences, and connecting wider global research community.
Our new publication Joint Augmented Reality Video Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Supervision - SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 #AR #AI #VideoAnalytics #HumanAI.
Such a privilige to play the role in amazing The Invisible Revealed Exhibition at the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS), which is open from 26 November 2021 to 22 May 2022. “The Invisible Revealed is the result of an ongoing multidisciplinary partnership between ANSTO and the Powerhouse Museum. This exhibition team was led by Scientist Joseph Bevitt, Curator Deborah Lawler-Dormer and Lead Engineer Tomasz Bednarz”. The exhibition also features digital 3D models of some of the collection objects and a digital reconstruction of the missing portions of a fragmentary carpet done with Artificial Intelligence. These portions were completed by with our EPICentre at UNSW.
Our SIGGRAPH 2021 course Visual Analytics for Large Networks - Theory, Art and Practice is available online for download.
Visualisation Matters 2021 will be held online on 3rd September, 2021. Registration is free of charge, please join us.
Our new publication Explainable AI and Reinforcement Learning - A Systematic Review of Current Approaches and Trends is available online.
Our new publication Generative Adversarial Networks–Enabled Human–Artificial Intelligence Collaborative Applications for Creative and Design Industries: A Systematic Review of Current Approaches and Trends is available online.
Collaborative Conference on Computational and Data Intensive Science (C3DIS) will take place on 5-9 July, 2021, and will be delivered fully online.
New journal paper is published: G F Clark, J Gacutan, R Lawther, E L Johnston. H Tait, T Bednarz (2021). A visualization tool for citizen-science marine debris big data. Water International. Download DOI.
Invited to be part of Panel Real-Time @ SIGGRAPH 2021 at very amazing RTC2021 RealTime Conference.
Our OzCHI’20 paper: Creating 3D worlds through storytelling and narration.
WAITRO People’s Choice Award: Low cost desalination device to supply potable water for remote areas - include Digital Twin. Team: Prof David Waite, Prof John Fletcher, A/Prof Tomasz Bednarz, Dr Yuan Wang, Dr Lloyd Lian.
KEYNOTE: Responsible Technology through Visual Analytics and Computational Angles, 24th International Conference Information Visualization, 7-11 September 2020, Melbourne AU / Vienna EU.
Officially passed exam: Unity Certified Associate: Game Developer.
- eXplainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI): An introduction to the XAI landscape with practical examples. Course.
- Digital Twin of the Australian Square Kilometre Array (ASKAP). Poster.
- SIGGRAPH Asia for Beginners. BoF.
- Overview of the Siggraph Immersive and Interactive Experiences Committee. BoF.
- Extended Reality and Education (ED-XR 2020 meeting). BoF.
ARC Linkage project with Opera Australia on the topic Transforming rehearsal design using an interactive spatial aesthetic. Total funding $562k.
Our EPICentre’s Multi-Modal High-End Visualisation System (HEVS) is officially released !!!
Invited Talk: Expanded Perception and Interaction for Measurement Science. APMP 2019 Symposium at the 35th Asia Pacific Metrology Programme General Assembly and Related Meetings. 4 December 2019, Sydney Australia.
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2019, 17-20 November 2019, Brisbane, Australia
- SoS. Art Gallery.
- Non-Euclidean Embeddings for Graph Analytics and Visualisation. Poster.
- SIGGRAPH Asia for Beginners. IRC Panel.
- ACM SIGGRAPH VRCAI 2019, 14-16 November 2019, Brisbane, Australia.
- ED-XR 2019 Workshop: Hand-on Introduction to VR.
- Immersive Analytics using Augmented Reality for Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations.
- A Data-Driven Optimisation Approach to Urban Multi-Site Selection for Public Services and Retails.
- Integrating Mixed Reality and Internet of Things as an Assistive Technology for Elderly People Living in a Smart Home.
- HoloCity - Exploring the use of augmented reality cityscapes for collaborative understanding of high-volume urban sensor data.
- Containerisation as a method for supporting multiple VR visualisation platforms from a single data source.
- Multi-Modal High-End Visualization System.
KEYNOTE: 25th ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality and Technology (VRST) 2019, 12-15 November 2019, Sydney, Australia.
- KEYNOTE: The 16th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGiV 2019), 16-19 July 2019, Adelaide.
About me TB
Director, Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre (EPICentre)
UNSW Arts, Design and Architecture
UNSW Computer Science and Engineering
Team Leader, Visual Analytics
Leader, Simulation and Modelling CCC
iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research, UNSW
MAAS Research Fellow
Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS)
Simulation, Modelling, Visualisation, Computer Graphics, AI, AI for Science, Hybrid Analytics, HCI, Digital Innovation, Strategy, AR/VR/MR, Technology